Wednesday, July 1, 2015

What do you think of the popularity of social media?


I first shows you this graph because I think this Pew internet surveys did an amazing job in exploring which social media tool was used more frequently. From the above graph, we can clear see that Facebook is far more popular than other social media tools including Twitter, Linkedin and Pinterest. Actually, one American friend told me that he did not like Facebook due to its diversified members,  and too much . Facebook first only include college students. Now, our Facebook page is full of all kinds of advertisement and information.  

But still, Facebook is far more popular than other social media tools. I am expecting whether the number of  Twitter users will grow fast during 2014-2015.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The popularity of using social media is also depending on the countries. Look at this map of social media use by country. http://vincos.it/world-map-of-social-networks/ It seems Twitter is the most popular social network tool in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is interesting. Thank you for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I can see Qzone is in control of China. That's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really interesting to look at because I am looking at my social media usage and I use facebook the most, but I am actually not a huge fan of it. It's has gotten annoying to use due to all these ads and being connected with people that I no longer talk to. However, I still use facebook to connect with my friends and use groups to connect with my fraternity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Zhongrui,
    Comparing your graph to China's situation is interesting. The Chinese edition of Facebook, Renren, is abandoned by most of users, and the hottest social media in China now are Weibo (similar to Twitter) and Wechat.Do you know any reasons cause the differences?

    ReplyDelete