Tuesday, July 21, 2015

How can we stop procrastination in case we are stressed out because of the deadline?

Being exposed to lots of others' ideas published on social media, we are giving out time to others' hands. When reading updated posts in Facebook, Wechat, Twitter, or Blog, I felt thrilled at learning from others, and enjoyed myself. I felt excited at reading papers, and taking notes. I hope I could spend most of time reading others' thoughts, and enjoying their shared knowledge.

However, as a Ph.D, we need to be productive, come up with new meaningful research idea, and write papers. Well, writing paper is not an enjoyable thing to do. Even though I enjoyed collecting data and data analysis, I was not a fan of writing a paper. Setting a fixed writing time is really really necessary. However, thinking back to the past, I missed the writing time and thought I would make up for it. But now I do not have time to make up for the missed writing time because I am in the middle of other things.

I know clearly except for other reasons, procrastination makes me end up like this: rushing for finishing a proposal which is due tomorrow. So I really want to change this bad habit. I find some useful tips.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200909/ending-procrastination-right-now. You can check it out to find whether they work for you.

Time is tight. Just have a rest, and go back to working on it.  Good luck with me and other students who work on their proposals.



No comments:

Post a Comment