Wednesday, August 5, 2015

How much does resume design matter to you? A tool called Vizualize can help you.

I was exploring the tool Vizualize which can be used to design a nice resume. Then I came across an interesting article about how much resume matter to the HR people. Quote from the comments to this article "The formatting on a resume tells me a lot about a person, almost as much as the resume itself." I actually felt surprised at this point.

To be honest, I do not have lots of experiences in editing my resumes to find a job. I still remember when I applied for FSU, I did not make a fancy resume. My resume was a little ugly with lots of words without picture or good structure. About this issue, I am thinking how much it is different between a resume for applying for a graduate program at an institution and applying for a job in a company. According to my knowledge, the resume for applying for a graduate program should look very professional and formal without pictures. The resume for a company can be more attracting by adding visual design.


No comments:

Post a Comment